Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ceramics: Hobby or Blood Lust?

As you can probably see, I like and make pottery. It all started when I was contemplating retirement and wondering what I would do to keep busy. My wife suggested taking up pottery because the studio was next to the jewelry workshop where she went. Being the obedient man that I am I went. We all know that "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." Little did I know that it would become one of my most happy activities. I sometimes feel that if you were to open on of my veins, you would find clay slip instead of blood. I have been "throwing" for about six years. I go to the studio at least three times a week and wish there were more days in the week so that I could go more often. I love my kids and grand kids, my wife is my best friend, skiing is the most fun you can have with your clothes on, and golf is the Devil's curse! I tell you this because if I can get some of you retired people to try something new I know you would never regret it. Remember the advice we learned on M*A*S*H, "Listen my children, hear my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

No comments: